- Greene County Rural Health Network has drop boxes at the following locations for the disposal of expired and unwanted medication, no questions asked.
Windham Police Department, Windham Town Hall in Hensonville from 9 AM to 3 PM. Call (518) 734-3151 to ensure that the office is open.
Greene County Sheriff’s Office, 80 Bridge Street in Catskill, Monday-Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM. (518) 943-3300
Coxsackie Police Department, 119 Mansion Street in Coxsackie, every day from 8 AM to midnight. (518) 756-6128
- The Windham Community Food Pantry at Hope Restoration Christian Fellowship, Route 296 in Windham is open every second and third Saturday from 9 AM until noon, and the Thursday in between from 5-7:30 PM.
- Senior Centers
Rivertown Senior Center: 39 Second Street, Athens, (518) 945-2700
Acra Senior Service Center: Acra Community Center, Old Route 23B, Cairo (518) 622-9898
Catskill Senior Nutrition Site: Washington Irving Senior Center, 15 Academy Street, Catskill (518) 943-1343
Coxsackie Senior Nutrition Site: Town of Coxsackie Senior Center, Mansion Street, Coxsackie (518) 731-8901
Jewett Senior Service Center: Jewett Municipal Building, Route 23C, Jewett (518) 263-4392
- The Greene County Women’s League is a non-profit organization that assists Greene County residents who have been diagnosed with cancer. Aid will be provided for cancer-related medical costs not covered by insurance including prosthesis and co-pays for pharmacy, doctor and/or hospital bills. Donations may be sent to Greene County Woman’s League Cancer Patient Aid, PO Box 341, Round Top, NY 12473.
- The Greene County Department of Human Services is seeking volunteers for the Home Delivered Meals Program, as well as the Homebound Medical Transportation Program. A vehicle is necessary and there is no age requirement. All volunteers are required to complete a volunteer application. Mileage reimbursement is available for the medical transportation program. Call Ruth at (518) 719-3555 for more information or to volunteer.
- Greene County has two economic development loan programs that provide funding for job-creating projects which can assist your business to grow. The Quantum Fund and Microenterprise Assistance Program (MAP) can assist businesses of all sizes with low-interest financing and technical assistance that can make your business dream a reality. For further information, go to GreeneEconomicDevelopment.com or contact the Greene County Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Planning at (518) 719-3290.
Delaware, Greene, Schoharie, Sullivan & Ulster Counties
- Homeowners within the New York City Watershed in Delaware, Greene, Schoharie, Sullivan or Ulster Counties who may be having trouble with their septic systems are encouraged to call the Catskill Watershed Corporation to see if they qualify for help paying for repairs. Homeowners may be eligible for assistance if their property is within 300 feet of a watercourse, and if their homes were built prior to November 2, 1995. The CWC’s Septic Rehabilitation and Replacement Program pays 100% of the cost of replacing failed septic systems for permanent residences; 60% for non-primary residences. If you feel your property may be eligible, please call (845) 586-1400 to arrange for a CWC staff visit.